VAT numbers can be invalid or can be subject to change or deletion. Ultimately, the company itself bears the risk of a VAT back-payment charge in the event that there is something incorrect about the business partner or the business partner’s VAT identification number …
EPO VAT ID Number Validation for SAP – Security Regarding the Value-Added Tax
Online verification of business partners’ VAT ID numbers within SAP ERP and SAP CRM
The EU’s VAT ID Number Validation Procedure
The VAT (value-added tax) exemption for deliveries of goods to other EU countries requires that the company supplying goods to a customer check the recipient company’s VAT identification number. In order that companies can be sure of the validity of the VAT number of a customer or supplier within the EU, the authorities have introduced the so-called confirmation procedure. In order to be sure that the business partner’s VAT ID number is actually valid at the time of invoicing, it is advisable to check its validity online by accessing the relevant servers and online services of local government or EU authorities.
For this purpose, B&IT provides the EPO VAT ID Number Validation software, which is integrated online with the following authorities:
- Germany: Bundeszentralamt für Steuern (BZSt.)
- Austria: Bundesministerium für Finanzen (BMF, FinanzOnline)
- EU: VIES database, MIAS service
EPO VAT ID Number Validation for SAP – Features, Added Value
Basic function: Simple execution and audit-proof administration of VAT ID number checks, focusing exclusively on whether a VAT identification number exists and is currently valid.
- The VAT ID number can be validated with no master-data record in place. From this check, a master-data record (vendor or customer) can be created.
- It is also possible to check for duplicate data records, in cases of identical VAT ID numbers.
- The VAT ID number validation function can also be applied to checking business-partner addresses via the VAT ID web service.
- Vendor and customer master-data records without VAT ID numbers or master-data records with address discrepancies can be flagged as “checked and accepted”.
- In every SAP transaction, the status of a VAT ID number can be accessed by activating the F1 help function.
For more detailed information please refer to the attached PDF download …
B&IT has positioned itself as a specialized, independent and owner-operated IT consulting company that serves industrial and commercial customers from the mill/metals sector, mechanical and plant engineering, and manufacturing. We are a professional IT service provider in process and application management with a strong focus on SAP ERP, OpenText and shop-floor applications, and have at our disposal a wide variety of relevant customer references.
Our close cooperation with EPO Consulting (http://www.epoconsulting.com/) enables us to extend our solution portfolios for mill/metals and the manufacturing business by offering mobile solutions and HTML5 apps for SAP ERP – both as standard software and as personalized solutions tailored to customer specifications. All HTML5 apps function in both the online and offline mode on the IOS/iPad mobile operating system and on Android and Windows tablet PCs.
B&IT Business & IT Consulting GmbH
5020 Salzburg / Austria
Phone: +43 (0) 664 884 38 625